nataliya

nataliya

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.”
― Stephen King, On Writing.

Nataliya's quotes

Wool 3: Casting Off - Hugh Howey Loved this one! Solid 5-star rating. As the story expands, the world of Wool gets more fleshed out and even more fascinating. I love Juliette; it is very nice to see a well-written female character by a male author (it happens way less often than I'd like). The writing is crisp. The atmosphere in the silo is bleak and suffocating, the tension is palpable, and the suspense builds up constantly. The pacing is great, and the action picks up nicely from the previous installment. The tone is quite different from the first novella, the one that sucked me into the series -less of a haunted feel and more of a suspense - but I still enjoyed it immensely. Unlike some other series I have read, it feels that the author has a good vision of where his story is headed and is not in danger of losing control over the story arc.The ending of this one is great. Immediately moving on to the next installment. I am so glad that I stumbled upon this series! So far, it hasn't disappointed me.